Sunday

Not to many of them left ...


Well the Limo People Ride Again - adventure to Chicago is Saturday! Looking forward to the fun and laughter that I am certain is just bottled up (oops did I say bottle) and ready for a noteworthy explosion.


Two of my favorite haunts are gone! Virgin Megastore and Marshall Fields. I can still buy music online from Virgin, but there was something magical about walking around in a 40,000 square foot music megaplex buying music that you just don't know about until you see it or hear it. Hard to do that online I find. There is still a Virgin in New York though!


I find out about new musical artists from the many music oriented magazines I have shipped to my house. I have to rely on the writer of the review to determine if it is worth taking a chance on buying it.


I am not a big on-line music downloader, but I know that I will have no choice in a few years and I better get used to it.


So, without my favorite clothing store and without the CD collecting frenzy that always took place in Chicago, I should save alot of money. I think we are in a recession, or at least a shopping depression. Hope it cracks before Saturday.

No comments: