Friday

What is black and white and READ all over ...


If either one of you who have read this blog, since I have two readers, know that I am not much on reading. The idea of sitting down with a book and reading it from front to back, cradle to grave is mind boggling.


To my surprise, I received an opportunity to review a new book that was published by a Fort Wayne fixture (and Roanoke too) by Scott Bushnell. I have met Scott many times - through the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Lincoln, American Specialities ... I am sure he would not remember me though.


So when given this golden opportunity to review, read and preview this Historical Photos of Fort Wayne book. Have to say I really enjoyed this collection of photos. I virtually sat down and looked at all the pictures. I will admit that I did not read all the captions - the pictures told the story well enough for me.


Seventeen years ago, I had my hands in another Fort Wayne book that celebrated the Bicentennial of Fort Wayne. I combed through thousands of pictures to make a one of kind, sold out book part of the most memorable events in my volunteer career. Scott's book really picked up where that book left off and covered a more concentrated ground with alot less words and alot more pictures.


Scott will be making his way through the Fort Wayne book store circuits in June to tell more and sign more - so all you autographed copy of a book fans ... this may be your chance. Scott also did book like this for Roanoke - I am sure though that he did not get as much credit for that book, as he may have deserved.


Anyway, little ole Carbo "read" his first book of 2008 and it was from a almost local author about a very local topic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carbo, there can't be only one other reader of your blog besides me. I read it often because it's one of a kind and very funny. I don't know you, but sometimes I see people I know in pictures you post. Doesn't matter that I don't know you---it's a charming blog. Keep it going, please.

Carbo said...

So very kind ... I think in my mind that no one reads it ... and then it allows me to write as I think, or journal a thought ... and I dont fret if I am going to offend or upset ...

I will keep on writing :)

Kristina said...

Hi Mark Carboni,

Why does it seem like our paths have crossed before outside of this cyberworld???

Kristina