Friday

Can you hear me now?

Greetings from Iowa. Today I am in Iowa to be with a friend as her son gets married. The trip has been uneventful so far, but then again, did I tell you I was in Iowa? What I have found so far is that John Deere is a legend in this here parts. I think the state can be called the "the hear me state" contrasting from it's cousin state " the sooner state". Why? Because I drove through two hours of corn fields. All those ears of corn. I ate dinner last night at the Pizza Barn or Pizza Ranch or something just as exciting. I am at the Sleep Inn. Quaint hotel with an indoor pool, plenty of parking and right across the street from the Kmart. I did find a grocery store not far and there is a hardware store, a Dairy Queen (which I ate at also) and a subway, rather a Subway, (the blimpie alternative) no fast rail through this village. I am on vacation today, I have no duties or projects. I do not have anything pending or up in the air. I am a slave to my computer today, or the television because I am just waiting on pins and needles to find out who is sitting in today for Star Jones on the View. I missed Big Brother last night, I did not watch any television. I spent two hours getting the computer to connect to the FREE high speed wireless internet. Oh, modern technology. I have my IPOD and boy I feel like my only life line has been called. Well, my friends, I told you nothing new today but here is the song of the day: Home by Michael Bubble. That is where I wish I was, cuz I miss my buddy (Clyde). Woof.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark....your mind never ceases to amaze me! Can't wait to read more!

Beware of those corn fields..... You've seen "Children of the Corn"....right????? AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Remember to be careful when you're driving through the Iowa cornfields. They're known to have dead baseball players walking out of them at dusk! Can't wait to see more details of this and future trips....you are DEFINITELY a person who would have an interesting blog...great idea! I'll stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

The clouds in Iowa are more beautiful than the clouds in Indiana. No kidding - check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark - thanks for letting me know about your blog. Since you're in Iowa and so close to MN, are you coming up for a visit?! Would love to see you - Barb