Sunday

Have some cake and eat it too...


The wedding in Iowa was last night. Everything was perfect. No, I mean it was perfect. The bride was stunning ... standing tall, thin, beautiful beaded veil with a super wedding dress. The flowers were aromatic. The bridesmaids made Heather Locklear appear to be gigantic. They were four of the most stunning women in Iowa. The ceremony was flawless. The tossing of the rose pedals, the bubble-good luck and the entrance into a brand new car to make the way to the reception could not have been executed any better. At the reception, the food lines were getting long, so the food was also brought table to table by wait staff. The couples song was something I had never heard before, and it was perfect. The beer was free..endless. I walked away from this event thinking, good gracious I should never eat again. Nearly everyone was short, medium or tall but they all were thin. As I waddled back to my room, I wish I had a chance to give a toast to the new couple, to the on-lookers who were there to wish them well... I would have said, "today begins a new chapter in your life. Surround yourself with great friends and start your own traditions. Be good to one another. Talk out your problems with each other first before talking to anyone else. Finally, I want everyone in this room to have some cake...and eat it too." Well, my next post will come from Fort Wayne. I am leaving Iowa this afternoon.

No comments: