Saturday

What is green and yellow all over


Well let's cut to the chase, it is sunny and clear skied. The people have been so friendly. I have been called 'honey' and 'darling' and I know it is not because I have on my special erotica cologne. Have heard one comment that tells me diversity training has not hit Iowa: "He was as black as Daffy Duck without a bill." Though, I must admit I have not seen anyone who wasn't as white as a porcelain dish. I have only stumbled across one not so nice person, though we do not know who this individual is but we know that this person is not nice. Here is the story: a vibrant, fun and witty woman who is in her 80's went from her hotel room to have breakfast. What she is not is Sophie from the Golden Girls, because she did not carry her purse with her to the kitchen table. She had a danish, a cup of coffee and some delightful conversation. Upon her return and later in discovery found that $60 dollars was taken from her purse. Another hotel guest found this same situation occurred in their room. Though our vibrant and witty woman wanted to line up the maid service, or press charges or I think lynching was another idea, the matter just remains a hot topic. So today as we all head down for the free breakfast (this is how it can be free, the maid staff extracts a nominal breakfast fee) we all plan to bring our luggage, personal belongings and dirty clothes down to the kitchen table. So, the cowardly maid is now richer. If anyone asks, she took the green and is yellow all over... that coward. And you thought I had another corn story!

No comments: