Wednesday

Let the Music Play...

Somewhere in my veins is an addiction to concerts, or musicians or the chance to meet them live and add them to the wall of fame! Most recently, I saw Lee Ann Womack in concert. She dug me, oh yeah! I have been to some most amazing concerts in my life: Anne Murray, Dolly Parton, Chicago, Celine Dion, Tina Turner, Phil Vassar, Martina McBride, Rob Thomas, Jim Brickman/Anne Cochran, Fleetwood Mac. I have also been sadden to see Air Supply, who were higher than their voices. Or, Spyro Gyra, which I fell asleep at and nearly knocked myself out when I hit my head on the chair in front of me. Perhaps, the mini show Aretha Franklin put on because something got stuck up her big ... you know. She stormed off the stage after less than 20 minutes. B.J. Thomas, who I had wanted to see for about twenty years was disappointing. He had no life, he seemed sober but maybe he should have been drinking. Sheryl Crow was so loud, that I had to keep sopping up the blood from my ears. Some of the best sleep I have had is with our own Fort Wayne Philharmonic. What makes a good concert? Well, primo seats makes it all the more enjoyable. But, I must say the ability to sing to the audience like it is the first time rather than the sixth time that week. Sincerity rather than, "My favorite city in the world is ... ah, Fort ... ah Wayne, yeah! Fort Wayne. All in all, my mind is always running tunes non stop and a concert just puts a vision to accompany the sounds. I say, let the music play! Go see a concert and enjoy life.

1 comment:

Calm2Serenity said...

Mark, As I read this, I'm watching a Andre Rieu DVD. Have you heard him? It's great!!!!

Sherri