Monday

Heads or tails?


Okay, everyone is talking about the cost of the penny. How much it costs, and how worthless it is. I am all in favor of the elimination of the coin. I would take it one step further and make all things round numbers. One dollar, ten dollars, fifty dollars but not eighteen dollars and thirty seven cents. Ugh, I hate coins. I have jars of coins. Imagine this, all separated by their classification. Then at odd times of the year, I will make a visit to my friends at Star Financial Bank and cash them in for real money. I can not be alone when I say that if a penny cost one and one third pennies to make, something is really wrong. Too bad things were not all like that...for example. I go to Dairy Queen, order a blizzard and get blizzard and a third! Or buy one case of soda, and I get a case and a third. But it would be a mess if I got a tank of gas and got a third more. I think we should do an unscientific poll. If you are reading this blog, flip a coin: heads we keep the penny and tails we stop producing them. Your response will be tabulated. All answers will be kept confidential. Or not. Anyway -- flip away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about a baker's dozen? You pay for 12 bagels, you get 13 - that's sort of like your extra third of a blizzard. :-)

I like change - I say keep the penny, but make it more efficiently. I could also accept a scenario where we ditch the penny and everything is rounded to the nearest nickel.