Monday

Not all planes are the same...


Hello again, this time from sunny, balmy and celebrating Three Rivers Festival with great pride, Fort Wayne! Arriving at the airport after a two hour car ride through the corn patches of America, sitting at the Rochester Airport for a couple more hours, to board a plane headed to Chicago. Greeted by a kid, not more than 8, to help deplane my friend who was not able to walk. He wanted to know if I wanted to use the special contraption to get her off. Now, if he would have said, "want to ride up with the pilot?" that I could have seen as an option, but for the untrained person to work the special motion board, I am thinking NOT. But this was where I could have done a better job. American Airlines has the next pinball champion working for them, as this punk was able to hit every side panel in the plane and the tunnel walls. My poor friend was frazzled, in great pain and he (punk-boy) was just trying to keep his pants from falling down. Now, anyone who knows me is well aware I am not the most skilled when it comes to mechanics. However, I was well aware that when you have a person sitting on a small seat, and it is stuck, the first thing you do not do is push it onto its side. Well, American Airlines has not informed the staff of this, as my friend nearly landed upside down when the next punk nearly pushed her over. Flying home from Chicago to Fort Wayne is always a challenge for anyone. This was no different. I am glad to be home. Our corn is not as tall as Iowa's, our gas is more expensive than in Iowa. Plain and simple, this trip has taught me, not all planes are the same! Moral of this trip: Live life to its fullest - Ear today, gone tomorrow.

No comments: