Wednesday

Manly and alluring...


My profile may allude that I have quirks. I think it must be therapeutic to be able to self-diagnosis this psychosis without feeling odd or weird. But I have a fetish or a predisposition to purchase cologne. I have thirty one different types of cologne which I rotate each day so I won't "vibe" the same. My favorite is Xeryus which I normally can find at a "going out of business" internet special. Not sure what that says about me. The Givenchy brand cologne began in 1986, the year I graduated from High School, Carroll that is... So perhaps I just was not well educated, but it has been a staple on my silver tray for many many years. Of course, I tried Polo, Passion, Old Spice (just for kicks). I am not one who is drawn to the celebrity du'jour styles. Mark Spitz or Michael Jordan or Captain Kangaroo may all have nice brands or kick-ass bottles but I am more for a style than a name. With that said, of course I am addicted to Kenneth Cole signature, but that would be a given. The thing I enjoy about my cologne smorgasboard, is someone normally finds the scent appeal, though I have been told I smelt like a French whore. I assume that is bad, but then I thought, well most French are whores, so an entire country can't be all that bad, can it? Perhaps it is the descriptions or the advertisements that draw me, like Xeryus is citrus, violet and jasmine, spices, musk and amber, a manly, alluring scent. Who wouldn't want to be manly and alluring.

No comments: