Monday

Past meets Present look toward the future.


The wonderful thing about having parents who are married, still, after all these years, is that I had the opportunity to shower them with a surprise party. Debrand's Chocolate was the backdrop for a wonderful event surrounded by wonderful friends and family. With the help of dynmo superwoman, Heather Eracleous, the special events coordinator for Northeast Indiana...The leader of Legendary Event Design, the event came full circle with lip smacking food from Catablu. This may shock someone who is reading this, but I am kind of a control freak. Perhaps, I did not shock anyone! The idea of turning over control of such an important event was tough. Circumstances in my life forced me to realize that I could not do it all. My cape was at the cleaners, I guess... Anyway, with Heather's expertise, the event went off polished like a shiny new penny (which may be rarer than you can imagine, if the penny police get their way). My parents celebrated forty years of wonderful times, great memories and perfection. Well, at least that is what the Hallmark cards say, and would they lie? Someday, I hope to have a milestone like this. Forty years! I will settle for five marriages of eight years each, I guess. Oye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark,

There are no words to express the feelings that we had at the suprise party. We were shocked to say the least. The memories will last a life time and the fact that you pulled it off even after the trip to Ann Arbor is commendable. You are the best son in the world. Thank you so much for every thing that you do for us. Hope to be around for the 50th, ha ha

Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I was amazed by you the first day I met you....and as the close t 15 years have passed....still stay amazed!

Some day, a great woman is going to get the thrill of her life when you two meet and the sparks fly. Just hope I will be a spectator in the stands watching the celebration!

D