Tuesday

Edge of night...


Over the past twenty five years, I can tell you about a group of people I never have met. I can tell you what I was doing when Reagan was shot. I can recount a person hanging from a cliff, falling, dying but coming back to life. I can tell you about a person who got amnesia, and became Amish. About a doctor who drank before a surgery and killed a person. Or about the person who was blackmailed to marry a person who never actually had the child. For the past twenty five years, I got hooked on a show that made my college schedule mold to fit the time change. I got a VCR to make sure I could stay in touch with the Spaulding's, Lewis's, Cooper's, Bauer's and Reardon's. I have TiVo now, so I still can stay in touch with the sometimes gripping, sometimes sad, and sometimes just dull as a cows snot. But, I am a Guiding Light fan! My mom would take an afternoon break from the daily chores and watch the guilty pleasures of Guiding Light. I got hooked. In fact, I bet my mom has not watched the show since I went to junior high. This month, Guiding Light has taped its 15,000 episode. Sad to say, but I think I have seen a good portion of them. Useless trivia winner in the making! At one point, mom had watched Edge of Night, but that show was a mere half hour and I couldn't get into. Needless to say, it was cancelled. I am hopeful, that Guiding Light outlives me. I am addicted. And now you know something even more useless than my bad judgment of watching two hours of Monica.

No comments: