Wednesday

Plus or Minus?

Oh, who has not heard the controversy of developing downtown with the beginning point being a baseball stadium? Now, mind you this is not your little league or t-ball game, no this is big time, big money minor league baseball. Correct, I hear youu, we do have a stadium that is a bit off the Downtown path, that just seems new as the day it opened . So let me ask you, when did you last see the stadium in person, not on TV, or through a drive-by, but in person? I can tell you it was 1998 for me. So, I think the seats were blue, and I think I had a hotdog. But why do I think that if the stadium is downtown I will come? Well, I probably won't. Sorry, baseball is not my cup of tea. Just saying that though, I can understand the importance of putting something downtown to get people downtown. Trust me, if there is a ball park, there will be food, there will be bars there will be shopping, there will be vagrants and there will be corner peddlers. But at least they are downtown. Right? I am sure that people of the Fort do not know all the facts about the downtown improvement plan. I did not. So check out the city of Fort Wayne's web site. Read and determine if you can support the advancement of Fort Wayne. I wonder how we cannot support growth. Rant of the day, may be more of a ramble...so add or subtract what you need to make a good support for or against the advancement before just assuming that a stick of wood and a big ball of yarn will ruin our city.

No comments: