Monday

It ain't as you might think...



Last night the 99th episode of the Emmys took place. Well, maybe it was not that version of the show, but one award show looks like another, if you ask me. I was passing through the TV channels when I came across Joan and her worthless daughter Melissa interviewing celebrities. When my surprise, Morgan Fairchild "popped" out of the screen. This lady was pulled tighter across the face than a snare drum. She was blessed thanks to the support of a local doctor. She looked like she was 28 not 68. Then, pan the camera over to this blonde lady who had a gravelly voice. She had scattered hair and kinda nasal tone... holy mother of Irene Ryan, it was Joan Rivers. Now mind you Joan is collecting social security and is pre-arranged for burial! She looked as if she was younger than her worthless daughter. Oh, by the way, I think her daughter is worthless. I was surprised at how the show kept a decent pace for the first hour, until I had to turn off the show. Well, they wheeled Dick Clark out. Come on people, how much of a train wreck do we need to see on television. We already saw Melissa Rivers. Anyway, it was a tribute. Except, he was positioned in front of a microphone. The poor man could barely talk. His eyes screamed youth, yet, but the rest of him just was not ready for prime time. Last night, I think I saw Hollywood at its worst. Some might argue, but I am not a big advocate of the plastic manipulation that has turned our aging actors young and our young at heart actors spectacles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the show too...at least a lot of it. I thought the Dick Clark tribute was sweet. Although, my Mom summed it up best when she said "I finally saw Dick Clark look old." Kinda sad. However, I was so proud of him for going out there and doing that. I was waiting for the critics to make fun of him like they did for his New Year's Eve appearance. I was disgusted to see people write that they were embarrassed for him or that it was pitiful to watch him struggle to speak. What scum! To those people who would criticize that man (or any person) who choses to try and put their chin up and go on with life in the face of an unplanned (and UNREQUESTED) adversity like that...I say "nice to know that if your grandfather suffered from a stroke or other illness that you'd uninvite him from the holidays to spare him from looking like a fool in front of you!" Some people.....

As for the Fembot formerly known as Joan Rivers, she is well on her way to becoming a fish. I say that because she is just one more hairpin pull of the skin away from having her eyes on the sides of her head instead of the front! The woman looks like a gray (meaning martian). She's got an oversized head and eyes that are fake and glassy looking and take up about 2/3 of her face!! The sorriest part about it is that she PAID to look like that! In contrast, you had Cloris Leachman who older than Joan looking fabulous and working the figure-forming dress that evening - all without plastic surgery. You're right, Mark...plastic is for recycling..not your face! Just my two sense!