Tuesday

One stick of butter...


Tonight, YLNI had a hot spot to toast opportunities to network, socialize and just relax. You can imagine the conversation a table of young, energetic and fun people could begin. Of course, the topic of food simmered at the top of the pot. It is no surprise that I spoke highly of the always perky, sometimes provocative, Rachel Ray. Many other highly visible TV chefs made the cut too. The person who was prominent in the anti-health state was Paula Deen. The country bumpkin, with the annoying sons who make lard and butter the other part of the full house, can make even a pan of fresh cut green beans a caloric nightmare. It is always ironic that this lady can still be on the air when people lobby against McDonald's for having too high of caloric count in their salad dressing. I love to cook but I just do not get the ten pounds of lard with a cup of oil to make a pot of rice. Don't get me wrong, she is fun to listen to, ya'all. I even saw her once at Marshall Fields on State Street in Chicago and she is as cute as Mrs Clause on Christmas Eve packing the sleigh. But this lady needs a bit of a health kick from time to time. Maybe she can show me how to make my deviled eggs. Trust me, those eggs would cause a heart attack.

No comments: