Thursday

Floored with calories.

The blog will be taking a few days off so I can visit my second home, Marshall Fields. I have boasted about Chicago, the city named after a group, but the city would not be anything without it's State Street legend, Marshall Fields. The farewell visit is to see MF in its prime. Remember it as it was rather than as the "Star" company. I am sure Macy's will take good care of the multi leveled shopping experience...but it will never be the same. Indulge in Frango Mints on the escalator up, and down .... oh, like I am the only one who has done this! Or, gone to the top floor for the visitors discount pass...tell me I am not the only out of towner who has enjoyed a nice discount, a slice of Frango Mint Cake....Or meander down to the food court to enjoy wonderful desserts. Hmm, I guess I ate at Marshall Fields more than I bought cloths. Too bad Dean and Deluca did not buy the franchise. Well, my blog-like friends, I will return with great stories, and rants very soon. In my absence, have a snickers bar and think Carbo-thoughts.

No comments: