Tuesday

Oh, I will tell you where to stuff it!


I was thinking last night that I have made the singles Thanksgathering limited to those who I think may want to attend. Even last year, I invited a few married people, so I can see evolution happening with this event. This is the only party each year where I will allow, permit, accept someone bringing food into my home. No, it is not some new aged religion where my food has to be blessed by me, or I have a gazillion food allergies...it is that I am a Capital C control freak in the kitchen. Thus why I am single (hangs head, Charlie Brown theme plays). Thanksgathering is the first Sunday in the month of November. It is that my friends gather with food bucket in hand and we say thanks for the friendship, the frivolity, and the free food! It is very light hearted, no agenda, no series of questions (unless you sit by someone who has been boning up on jeopardy and states everything in the form of a question). Some people will bring recipes to share. Others cannot share their recipe because of family ethics or that Kroger's did not give them their recipe when then made it. Good cooks go all out, some fair-weathered cooks make a tradition and the non-cooks bring rolls, salad or a pumpkin pie (frozen). Unless, Fresh Market has the big $2.99 homemade pie sale, then we have a plethora of pumpkin pies. Well, the reason I started this rant, is to see if anyone who may be tuning me on LIVE on the INTERNET, may want to come. So, open invitation...leave me a comment if you would like to take part in the Carbo-Thanksgathering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please count me in, Mark! Sherri W

Carbo said...

Excellent! You will enjoy the festivities....