Saturday

RIP Pluto...


As a kid, I am not sure I really paid much attention in class. So, when something did get tossed against the wall of my brain and stuck, it is really tough for me to accept that it was wrong. Like, when I was in fourth grade, the teacher proclaimed that "you will never be lost if you remember that North is always in front of you". Okay, I am not the person you want to go on a driving trip, because I am the only person who can drive from Canada to Florida and still be facing North. Now, all these later, I can see the flaw in her words, but I cannot shake that North is still in front of me. Imagine my amazement when within the past two weeks we are told that Pluto is not a planet! There may be more planets than we initial knew...mind you planets were not just discovered this month, this year, this decade, this century, no a gazillion years ago the planets were discovered. So, somehow, we thought we would turn over all these men and women in their graves to announce that all those years of science and star gazing have lead to lies and myths. Now, I can see where news of the world being round rather than flat upset the people when Columbus got on his boat and headed North to the new lands!!!

No comments: