Thursday

Bound up and determined


Today, I depart Fort Wayne for Madison, Wisconsin. A young professionals leadership conference will occur there. This is my first visit to Wisconsin, but I have heard my share of foreshadowing about cheese, cows and cheese. So, it reminds me of my adventure to Iowa where the focus was corn, skies, and corn. It makes me reflect on an article that I half-sorta read about a new Fort Wayne campaign. Destination relaxation was the title of the iniaitive. Premise, if I got half of the story correct, people who live 90 miles from Fort Wayne will be targeted to visit Fort Wayne for a hotel stay with dinner at select restaurants and something artsy to do. The price tag fell under $200 in some cases. Well, who could pass up this opportunity. Too bad I am traveling out of Fort Wayne today or I would venture into our Downtown District and just live it up, eat, enjoy a fine artsy gig and crash in a plush hotel room with all the amenities. Now, stop laughing. Stop it. Well, back to the reason I am telling about the adventure to Wisconsin. I am uncertain how much time I will have to update the blog on this adventure, but if I am swamped I may just run the "Best of Carbo" so keep checking back for the latest. Until then, I say Ciao. The only person who is jealous of my trip is my dog, because his favorite word and thing is CHEESE. Little buddy spins like a tornado when the word is uttered. He will be taking his own adventure up north this weekend too, but he is not going that far. He may try to convince his caretaker to go see his papa, but I am sure she will hold strong.

No comments: