Tuesday

Bow to your partner...


Over the years there have been many dancing shows. I am sure you wished you did not see some of them. But recall American Bandstand? Dance Fever? Solid Gold? Hee Haw? Lawrence Welk Show? Fame? Cop Rocks? Muppet Show? The list is endless. Or we wish the list was endless. Well, Dancing with the Stars seems to have struck a chord. The toe tapping antics have brought in great ratings even if the dancing is something you may see on the Jerry Lewis Telethon. I have sat through a few minutes this season and got right back up. I tried to root on my Sara Evans but I hung my head in shame when I saw the last week show. When you couple her with other non-traditional dancers like Jerry Springer, you just wonder who was asked to dance and said no. I think that a bunch of A, B and C list actors turned down the chance to be a TV reality celebrity. So, maybe next year the slate of dancers could be Dick Van Patten, Pam Dawber, Bea Arthur, Sherman Hemsley, Richard Carpenter, Marie Osmond, Billie Jean King. So, if your life is missing the glamour of interactive encounters, perhaps Dancing with the Stars will stimulate you. If not, it will propel you to sleep much faster than Ambien. Amen.

No comments: