Saturday

Bye Bye Summer


Last night, I had a remarkably fun evening. Friday night end of summer party. A gourmet dinner, if you will. Now, some of you are saying, Hey Carbo, I did not get invited.... one of your all single friends party... Truth be told, I was actually invited to a party. It was an outside dinner party with nine people. From appetizer to dessert, the conversation flowed as well as the cranberry vodka that I chugged for the six hours that I probably over stayed my welcome. Candles for light when the stars hid behind the cloud cover. Music provided by the gentle rap of the sprinkling system. It was good to talk a bit of politics, a bit of You Tube, a bit of ghosts, a bit of cars. You name it, we probably touched upon it. The host and hostess for this evening rolled out the carpet and made me feel like I have been part of their circle of friends for years. If this is the way summer ends, I can not wait until Fall begins.

No comments: