Sunday

Singing the Blues.



Ah, well now that summer is over (see yesterday's blog), fall is now ready to turn green to red to yellow to brown. But the colors the trees should turn is maize and blue. It is officially football season. Cannot state I am a big fan of high school sports. Never was. I think in my four years at Carroll I may have attended five games. As you know, I have not been tempted to see the Wiz...rather Wizards. I have been to a dozen hockey games. I have been to a handful of major league baseball games. Never saw a tennis match. Been to a couple of golf courses for lessons (in losing). I cannot swim. I can run up the stairs but not down the road. I have yet to understand the shot put. I took horseback riding lessons when I was dating someone who liked horses. I realized it was just too much work to try to love her and the horses. I have not fished much because if I catch the "big one" and get pulled into the water, the fish wins and I float up a few days later. So, now that this rant has went on for days, the only thing I enjoy about sporting events is Michigan football. The BIG HOUSE as it is so endearingly coined brings in some big coins! Over 100,000 people are in the stadium at each of the seven home games. Tickets are harder to get than the truth from Star Jones on how she dropped 250 pounds in 10 weeks by just getting married.... Nonetheless, the city of Ann Arbor comes to life and is the hot spot all day Saturday when the team is in town. I go to every home game that I can. Now, mind you I am not a Michigan Grad..I went to many colleges that I never graduated from (but that is a rant for a later date). I have loved the colors as a kid, thought about college at U of M as a teen, and as an adult I make the scenic fall trek seven times a fall to see them play. Go Blue.

No comments: