Friday

Six degrees of Bacon...



Last night, a friend and I had dinner and drinks at Hartley's. You have just turned into the dinner review segment of Carbo's Blog. Nestled in the back section, with few surrounding guests we started with the Clam Chowder. Nice texture, with a touch of paprika on top with a bit of crispy bacon. Sold on the bacon! The house salad followed with a nice colorful display, without tons of onions, but one simple slice that added a nice kick. The entree I selected was a New York Strip Steak with pink peppercorns. It was ordered medium and arrived medium. I had my choice of vegetables, pasta or a potato served up a few different ways. I selected the pasta, with the Alfredo and mushroom sauce. The steak was a great cut of meat, and I always love a New York Strip. By the way, Kevin Bacon is from New York. Anyway, for drink I had an ice tea. Just one ice tea. Mind you, anyone who has ate with me before knows that I drink ice tea by the gallon at a restaurant. Well, tonight that was not the case. Why? The ice tea was not good? In fact, just the contrary, it was awesome and flavorful. My drink that I drank by the gallon was a grapefruit martini. Oh my! It was grapefruit vodka, with fresh squeezed grapefruit. It also had something else in it, but I seem to have had that brain cell puckered out of my brain. The meal was great. Hartley's was a welcome home. My friend and I had a marvelous time. Shared great life stories and wonderful food. On the way out of the restaurant, a lady at the bar stopped me. Oh yeah baby, this is what a blog is all about. Juicy pick up lines and things that you just don't know happen without an inside scoop. Well, it was not that exciting, but she said, "Are you Mark Carboni". I of course admitted to my namesake. She said, "Well, I thought that was you. I lived one road over from you". (twenty five years ago). She had been friends of my younger sister and rode the school bus. I guess somehow there is always a connection to someone no matter where we go.

No comments: