Saturday

Too much of a good thing...

Well, well, well, look who was out drinking all last night. Poor Jack! This makes me realize that Halloween is just right around the corner. Which means in two more weeks we will see the Christmas trees being harvested for "fresh" cut displays at gas stations and big box home improvement stores. Somehow, once we cross Labor Day the next three months rapidly pass like a kid on a tabogon with a shiny underside. Mind you, I am the one who has been declaring a celebration in December a "hot topic" but I have yet to hang the miseltoe. {Note to self, must find reason to purchase miseltoe this year.} Let us hope we can enjoy the next couple months without being squished to death by Frosty and Rudolph television specials. That I can still purchase M and Ms that are not green and red. That I have ample time to make my own Christmas List rather than receiving 10,000 catalogs that don't allow me to think for myself. Christmas can be a great holiday, but I wish consumers had more choice of when we begin to plan it, celebrate it and claim it.

No comments: