Saturday

A is for apple.... B is for ....

As folklore may go, my ancestor is John Chapman. The guy with the knapsack over his back, spreading apple seeds, spreading good will and ... the ring leader for the biggest weekend event in the state of Indiana. Johnny Appleseed Festival is a two day celebration where time is turned back to life without electricity and IPODs and You Tubes and the Magic Bullet (another time I will talk about this...) Anyway, food and music, and hands on demonstrations make this two day event a spectator favorite. For many of us, we know this is the time not to drive along Coliseum Boulevard because the traffic is unbearable. Others know this is the time when we should make sure we are not allergic to bumble bees, because even though 300,000 people attend the festival ... 500,000 bees come to Fort Wayne to celebrate this special event.
The Festival had a special place in my mind for many reasons, to include, but no encompassing, was the spot where I was engaged nearly a dozen years ago. It was a tradition that made me enjoy apple cider. Beyond that, it was something to do. I have not been to the Johnny Appleseed Festival in the past three years. This year is no exception. I thought I would just share a bit of trivia and ramble about history.

No comments: