Thursday

It is is hip to click your hip


Everyone is like, hey Carbo, why so political lately? We liked the blogs about your life and food and product endorsements. So I thought about the recent series of writings and realize I have been plugging away at the Harrison Square project. I mean, heck, I was standing at the standing room only event last night at the Allen County Public Library. (The library that people boo'ed and hiss'ed at because it was too big, too much money...) The night could not have been better. YLNI kicked it up with a straw poll at the end to find that 90% in attendance were in favor of mix used housing, hotels, a park, retail and a big'ole kickball field.
So, I thought, today, I will not blog about Harrison Square rather I am going to tell you other late breaking news! If you are leaving your house, put a belt on. buckle it baby. This is not a way to force people's pants to hit at the waist, of course that would be a waste of time. No, this is a seat belt law that would require anyone in nearly any vehicle, except a school bus (because we know that no one cares about the kids) to buckle up or .. well be fined, or jailed or run over or something very terrible. You say, but I am a truck driver (though, I do not know if I have any truckers who read my blog), but you say count me out of that sissy belt law! (I think that is how a trucker would talk about a seat belt) Well tooboooy on you. Unless you are driving, or riding a bus, you will be strapped into your deathbed of a vehicle. It needs to clear the senate, but you can just about bank on it being a done-deal.
Speaking of done-deals, I sure as heck hope the Harrison Square project is a done deal, soon.
The facts:
WHAT’S NEW: A bill that would require nearly everyone riding in vehicles in Indiana to wear seat belts cleared a Senate committee Tuesday, but the members eliminated a provision that would have altered the way local road funding is distributed.
WHAT IT DOES: All people in vehicles would have to buckle up, including those in both the front and back seats of most vehicles, including SUVs and pickups.
WHAT’S NEXT: The bill with the roads provision included has passed the full House. The full Senate will now consider its revised bill. The House could either approve the Senate version and send it to the governor to sign, or it could end up in a joint House-Senate conference committee, where a compromise would be sought.

No comments: