Sunday

Yuppie-cuppie of coffee



Since a child, I have found the scent of coffee icky. As an adult, I have found a better phrase, "no thank you". However deep inside I still think icky! I have never tried coffee, rather I have tried espresso. Wrong first experience I have been told.

I do have coffee-envy. I see all my friends complaining about the high price at Starbucks. Those who aren't complaining are mad that one has not been built at the end of their neighborhood drive. Yesterday, I did stop in a Starbucks. I was really tempted to try one, just to see if I could fit in, and be cool (rather warm from coffee). I looked at the vast menu of coffees, mild, medium, which reminded me of my dilemma every time I am standing at Krogers trying to recall which taco sauce I liked Medium or Mild, I like Hot for chips, but I am always confused if it was Medium or Mild. One is thick like ketchup and not that great...but anyways, I have digressed.

Then there were the flavors to help make it not taste like coffee, I can see the merit to the flavorings if it taste anything like it smells. However, when the uplifting perky girl asked "wchaawant" I stuck with the tried and true, "Carmel Apple Cider". As I walked around, I felt my yuppiest in the grown up cup that looked like coffee but was simply apple cider. Possibly some day I will get the nerve up to order a medium, but my luck it was really suppose to have been a mild.

1 comment:

Carbo said...

I just may have to take out a small loan and go to Starbucks and try it :)