Saturday

You're in Luck!


I am nearing 200 blog entries and along this path, you probably have picked up tid-bits of facts, fictions and views that I have, hold and express.
Today I thought I would share a few details:
1. Born and raised in Fort Wayne.
2. Cooking is a hobby and eating is my past time.
3. I collect CD's (not the money kind, rather the music style)
4. Favorite plate of food would be tuna casserole. (Hint, if you want to hit on me, bring over tuna casserole!)
5. Fears?!? Fire. I am petrified of fire.
6. Tears!?! Not a big crier, but I do cry at standing ovations. Can't watch with interest a happening where a standing ovation occurs.
7. Emotions?!? Well, I still harbor strong resentment from my divorce. Though I began the process, I am honked about how the personal property was divided. I do have a materialistic side as well as sentimental side. I still think, something I bought or received as a child should be mine not my ex, but oh well.
8. Religion?!? Well, I am Catholic as I check a box, but as for practicing, for example last night I had a pizza with sausage, pepperoni, ham and bacon. Hmm, guess Kraft and Mrs. Paul's did not get me to feel too guilty.
9. Music!?! Best song is "Piano in the Dark" from Brenda Russell. Love the showmanship of Dolly Parton (plus her old vinyl has been finally pressed to CD this week!!) Chicago has the brass to keep me pumped while Phil Collins early stuff after Genesis still plays in my IPOD.
10. Television?!? Well, since the 1970's I watched Guiding Light, and I do today. I am also a fan of Law and Order (all of the franchises). The Closer. Mad-tv. Lost. The View. I like programming that I can turn on, lay back in my lounge chair with my blanket, my dog and my drink and watch without having to think one single second. Lost pushes the envelop at times, I almost have to think, but I am hoping at the very end, it is wrapped up nice and neat so I understand what I have watched for three years.
11. Drink!?! Yes, line 10 did mention drink. I am an iced-tea freak. I am also hooked on flavored sparking water. I do not drink soda, so the sparking water reminds me of soda just better. I drink a bucket of milk a day (thanks Mrs Cow!) When I am celebrating life, I go for a grapefruit martini, a cranberry vodka, light on the cranberry, or a sweet white wine.
12. Soap?!? Well, I have another quirk. I love to use a different soap every day. I have an enormous collection of shampoos that smell like everything from a forest to a field of flowers to foods to some horrendous chemical.
13. The scents?!? While it is true that the soap entry says something, further deep down, I use a different cologne every day. I have about 15 different types and each day I will rotate a new scent. I burn candles that have scents and when I cook, I know my food is done by smell.
14. Luck!?! Well, I am not a big winner of contest. I am not the kid that was picked in the top during rover red rover, and really do not like to be noticed if I have done something beyond a made up threshold. However, I will say I have found luck to be what I have made it to be. I follow my heart which sometimes gets me where I am going and along the path I have met amazing people to be part of my magnetic society. Seldom do I make a friend that has not stuck around for a very, very long time.
As you raise your green beer mug today, toast to the Harrison Square project. As I hope luck is on our side.

No comments: