Thursday

When the wheels left the road...

Growing up, my grandmother would always state she was just "watching stupid TV!" She was adamant that there was nothing worth watching but would watch anyway. (Then Dallas came on, that changed the entire world of television, but I digress). Well, last night while I was watching "stupid TV" I saw a commercial for a new car, I could not tell you the name of the car if you held a gun to my head, but after watching it I wish you would... The commercial shows a new car, with its sleek new design driving up the building, along the ledge of the building, with simply one wheel touching the ledge. The reason I think I may have forgot the name of the car manufacturer was that across the bottom of the screen it informed stupid-me, that this was simply a fantasy, cars cannot drive on one wheel atop a sky scrapper. Imagine my surprise when this tid bit of knowledge was shared with me, and the world. It was then I realized, it was "stupid TV" that forced the advertisers hand because many people who have become addicted to television cannot tell fact from fiction. Case in point, this is how a lack-luster talent like Anna Nicole Smith made it to the top of the TV towers, but someone forgot to put across the screen for her, this is truly fantasy!

No comments: