Thursday

Cookies... she is doing it for the cookies!


I never knew why I was a Girl Scout fan, but today when I heard this bit of news, I knew exactly why.... Dolly Parton will become an Girl Scout on Friday. Here is the story I lifted from headlines: June 11, 2007 — Dolly Parton will finally get to join the Girl Scouts on June 15 at a presentation at her Dollywood theme park in Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
"While I was never a Girl Scout myself when I was a kid, I always wanted to be," she says. "This great honor lets me live out a dream and to be part of an organization that stands for many of the same values I do and Dollywood does."
Girl Scouts from Dolly’s native East Tennessee will join the icon on stage to lead her in the Girl Scout Promise and present her with the lifetime membership pin. More than 1,000 Girl Scouts are to take part in the event.
Dolly claimed another honor last week when she received the Johnny Mercer award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame. She told the AP that she considers songwriting the most important part of her career. 'I would always give up everything before I give up the writing, because it's really my way of expressing myself and the song just took me everywhere I've been so far, she said. "To be honored for it and recognized for it is a great, great compliment."
Accepting her award, Dolly joked, "Throughout my whole career, I've been known for two things. I'm talking about my music and my lyrics."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. Can you imagine...your doorbell rings, your open the door and there is Dolly in a Girl Scout uniform with a box of Thin Mints in her hand.

Carbo said...

Now I have a reason to look forward to the spring!!!!