Saturday

Worth getting out of bed for...


Today was Brunch Bunch! It was a chance for me to try out a dozen new recipes with a couple dozens of my friends. A few hours before the chickens crackled, I was hustling my non-proportioned body around my kitchen. Mixing and baking and reading the recipe and then doing something totally different than what it said, for all the right reasons of course haha. The stands outs (from what I can see were devoured first) were the croissants that were sliced in half and coated in a cinnamon sugar/egg/milk batter and cooked to perfection as true French Toast! Another stand out was my dear friend Paula Deen's inspired Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. The food, the wine and the special drinks my friend whipped up from fresh mint she grew in her garden allowed the gang to taste, touch and feel why people gather for brunches in the south! A friend brought some killer flowers to add to the ambiance of the house too. It was fun to meet new people too! The fun thing about a Carbo bash, normally, it just takes one opportunity to attend to be on the guest list and from there, you never know when your name will get pulled out of the hopper for future events. Coming up, Carbo will be sending out save the date cards for the Annual Holiday Open House. This years theme is MEXICarbO. Just a bit further south than Paula Deen! If you are reading and wonder how you may score an invitation to the most coveted event of the year, leave me a comment, you could just be added.

3 comments:

Calm2Serenity said...

It was an awesome spread, Mark. Delicious!!!!!

Sherri
aka Karen Carpenter

Brian Kelly said...

I can personally attest to the scrumptiousness of the biscuits & gravy. outstanding. great food, entertaining conversation, i think i'm a carboparty lifer.

Unknown said...

Ummmm, can I get a YUM YUM???!!!! You're the absolute BEST Host! Thank you a million times over for making me wear my "fat" jeans the afternoon after your par-tay!!!