Saturday

Fort Wayne, Indiana


As a Hoosier by blood and life line, I have found this city to provide me with many great opportunities that other cities would not without incurring much higher price tags. I have a grand home for a spittoon of a price. I have a career where I can earn a decent living and not have to drive an hour to work or be forced to carpool with neighbors, who I don't communicate with currently.


There is a festival every weekend in Fort Wayne during the summer. Some are more exciting than others. Greekfest is now and this one was a fun cut of culture. The food seem authentic, though I would not know it to be, because we don't have a Greek restaurant in town. So, Fort Wayne is not a utopia, but it is fine and fun.
I read in the paper that 82% of the people in Fort Wayne own their own home. However 15% actually have an MP3 player! What? How is this possible? Nearly three fourths of our community -residents own a computer but about three percent have never been online.
People do come to Fort Wayne as a tourist. So all the people who think, 'what a hell hole'... well, your hell hole is a cement pond to someone else. We have 87 parks in Fort Wayne. We have a skateboard park, we have a water park and rose gardens too! We have pretty moderate winters with about 30 inches of snow (boo hoo for my snow cone factory!) We have 13 colleges/universities.
29% of visitors will spend four of five nights visiting Fort Wayne. So, when we say there isn't much to do, or fun attractions or things to keep us active, perhaps we should talk to those who vacation here to find out what they are doing.....

No comments: