Friday

Spiritual Quest

Yesterday was the kick off of Fan Fair. Concerts beginning at 10 in the morning and lasting until midnight. We got to the fan fair portion of the day around 10 am. This is where you can get autographs by country music acts. You can have your picture taken and they will sign something. I met Carmen from American Idol, Brad Cotter the Nashville Star winner, country music veteran Mark Chesnut, another Nashville Star contestant Jason Meadows and an up and coming singer named Stephen Cochran. Oh yeah, and met this one lady who I had never ever heard of. In fact everyone in the line kept saying, "who is she?" Her name is Maggie Austin. I asked her when she signed the picture, 'are you singing?' She said no, just signing autographs.

Scratch my head on that series of events. About 2 we left the fan section and went to the Wild Horse Salon. This place rocks. It is a 66,000 square foot restaurant, bar and concert site. My friend and I had 42 oz margaritas with a red-headed cowboy shot. Okay, I was blitzed in just one drink. We split food but truthfully I would have probably ate my napkin. This was my first and only drink so far in Nashville.

We then went to be entertained with endless concerts as it seemed. The following acts performed yesterday: Ty Herndon, Bucky Covington, Darryl Worley, Carolyn Dawn Johnson, Trent Tomlin, Whiskey Falls, Sarah Buxton (who was the worst of the bunch) Povertyneck Hillbillies, Alan Jackson, Trace Adkins, Dierks Bently, the Wreckers, Brooks and Dunn and the final singer was Reba McEntire! She performed at fan fair 11 years ago, and this is her first time back! The crowd was wild for her. She also brought out a singer many may not know by name... Kelly Clarkson! It was amazing. A great evening, kick butt music and live performances. I love live music and though some acts I would never have paid for, the fact they just kept coming out on stage one after another just made for a grand day. I got a bit of sun with 70 blocker. This is just telling you that 95 degrees is not a damn dry heat. The number of people at fan fair 160,000 (or a little less than half the size of Fort Wayne!) You stay in touch as I stay in touch...

No comments: