Thursday

Da pool don't work.


Day one of the travelogue to Nashville's Country Music Festival! After leaving at the crack of dawn, we made it to Nashville around 2:30 p.m. We went directly to our hotel which is a Laquinta. We found that southern hospitality is not a universal or in-breed trait given to all people past the Bourbon distillery line. For lack of knowledge we will call her Lil (not because she is was little, but because that was a name I saw on the Waffle House menu which we ate it next door to our hotel and for that the ENTIRE trip has been worth it). Well, Lil was full of bad news, the pool does not work (it had water, looked blue I think she thought 'oh dear, the pool filled up with water and we got to wait until it gets all dried out!mmhmm!'
She continued to prop herself up at the desk with her can of soda and said no rooms available yet since we were a half hour early. I felt bad for the cleaning person who had to clean 200 rooms in thirty minutes! Well, we began to fume and we ended up switching hotels to the Days Inn (which is right across from Opryland). Okay enough about the hotel.
We got our check in packets for the music fest and Cowboy Troy was singing his 'hick-hop' brand of music at a street side concert. We stopped for a drink at Legends (where my drink was spilled before I had a sip) but I was not going to tear up because it was soda and not beer or vodka or something of great value. At this point, I broke away from my party and wandered the streets. First stop was a hole in the wall and had sweet tea with a hot dog and tater tots and listened to another live performance.
I got up and started toward my private party with Sara Evans. Stood in line for an hour and a half. Got inside and she had a full buffet dinner -pulled BBQ chicken, baked beans (that were spicier than hell) potato salad with cornmeal muffins. Topped off with sweet tea. We ate in a dinner show set up, I was about three rows back from the stage. Her brother in law came out to warm up the crowd (which he really did not need to do, cuz it was already 97 degrees!) Sara came out and performed for an hour! Great show and for those who read this blog earlier this winter, she was dressed in clothes that fit her and NO TAGS were visible! Following the concert, pictures - but no autographs.
I hopped a cab back to the room about 11:00 p.m. because I was just plum tired. But my friends called and they were headed to see Brooks and Dunn. More to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Sarah is dressing a bit better than she did in Indy.

Hope you are having a blessed time in Nashville!