Saturday

It even rains in Nashville...


Well, CMA Music Fest - Fan Fair continues. Yesterday I woke up and went to the signing area -met a new artist, Sherry Lynn, who gave me her brand new single. Met Kassie DePaiva (who plays Blair on One Life to Live or played Chelsea on Guiding Light a stretch ago) met two Nashville Stars Melanie Torrez and Dustin Wilks and country-cowboy Trent Wilmon. After that session I made my way to fill up my tummy with good ole fashion BBQ with some sweeeetttt teeaaahhh. Had a great lunch and when I stepped outside I noticed the sky had turned grey. The storms were approaching but I kept walking anyway to the outdoor concerts when smack bam boom the lightening began to strike and officials closed it up ... Josh Gracin and Angela Hacker were cancelled. Boo hoo, that was who I wanted to see! I ducked under a bridge and took a phone call about work and finally pulled a cab to get me back to the hotel. Now mind you, this is my second cab ride and the first one was a psychotic adventure. This one was just as freakin crazy too. The driver spoke little English. On the highway he was going up to 40 mph and then the car would die and he would restart it and get it back up to 40 in the passing lane mind you. He rolled down the windows ... he claimed it was helping the car but I was getting wet... he said something about a light. I assumed he saw the light and we were driving into it. However, I made it back to the hotel and rested a tad. To my surprise while I was having fun, poor Paris Hilton was sent back to jail. Life just seems so unfair for the haves and the have nots! Sorry Paris!
Dinner time rolled around and we went back downtown and had dinner at an outdoor venue. It was time for the music to begin and we saw Carrie Underwood (who was awarded on stage a 6th platinum CD for sales of her album), Sara Evans, Montgomery Gentry (who brought out special guest Ted Nuggent), Jason Aldean, Sugarland and Little Big Town! Wow what a night, it truly was better than the night before. The weather was beautiful, cloud free night and the temperatures dropped to a livable heat. Stay tuned for your Nashville Update!

1 comment:

Calm2Serenity said...

This sounds like a great trip. I have to do this one day. Thanks for the travelogue, and I especially enjoy your misadventures.