Sunday

Best CD's to own!

Greetings! A little known fact about Carbo is that he has thousands, literally thousands of CDs! I am an avid music listener and with so many CD's one may wonder what are some of his favorites. Excluding Greatest Hits or Holiday or Compilation issued CD's these are some of my "on a dessert island" collection!

Dannii Minogue is the baby sister of Kylie Minogue (still have a blank stare, like who are they? ...) Neon Lights is a high energy dance album that ranks as one of the best CD's to own if you are driving your car down a long road without much scenery. You will sing, and shout and bob your head. "Put the needle on it" is a real fun tune and stands out for the CD!
She has sold 20 million albums in Europe and in the United States Laura Pausini just has not made it big, but she should. "From the Inside" is one amazing album. Each song has a good singable hook, or a fun chorus or a beat that takes over your body. If you don't own this CD, you should. The song I dig is "I Do To Be".

I have been blessed to meet Anne Cochran about five times in my life. She tours with Jim Brickman, who I also think highly of, but Anne's "Cover Girl" CD is packed with memories. It takes me on a musical quest through my past with "I won't last a day without you", "We're all alone" and "In my life". It is available now through Barnes and Noble which tells me she will soon be able to be a household name!



One of my favorite albums grown up was "Dolly, Dolly. Dolly" and when I wore out the 8-track, the cassette and an album I was glad some 20 years later that a CD was released with another fun album "Great Balls of Fire" packed inside. The stand out song is "Starting Over Again"



I have owned two copies of this CD in just a few short years. Sara Evans really made a solid CD with this one. I really like "Otis Redding" and "Perfect". It is tough because "Born to Fly" the CD is just as equally wonderful. She has a twang that is either love or hate, but in this CD it works!




Phil Collins is one of my favorite male artists. I have the making of the CD on DVD and it really is kinda cool. Every single song on this CD is amazing. Filled with emotion. Phil wrote many of the songs while going through a divorce and you can feel the pain at times. I have owned at least five copies of this CD or cassette over the years. What number are you on?


You can not be an American without knowing the Carpenters' song lyrics by heart. Growing up Carbo, in my early years, the Carpenters were on the 8 track and album followed by many singles, cassettes and now CD's. The title of this 1971 album is "The Carpenters" and it gave us "Superstar", "Rainy Days and Mondays" and "For All We Know".


An amazing album that produce one of my all-time favorite song "Piano in the Dark". It is one of those easy jazz sounds that just flows just as easy as a good Muscatto! Each song is its own journey and should be in your collection!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

w/ ya on evans, w/ ya on the carpenters, but you need some more oldies & classic rock on there! where's the christmas music? (clyde's favorite) where's restless heart? (clyde's favorite song!) dude. aimee mann. roseanne cash.

Anonymous said...

Restless Heart - Clyde's Favorite
Christmas - Clyde's Favorite genre
Aimee Mann - Erik's :)
Roseanne Cash - mutual fav
FEIST - yes... yes, my friend.
Hooverphonic. Nuff said.

Jennifer Jeffrey said...

WOW... Those are great! I know some of those... Can't imagine what is in the rest of the THOUSAND collection??