Friday

Wheels on the bus go round and round

It has been over twenty years since I took my drivers training class and I had to think back what to do the other day when going down a four lane road with a grass median. Bus was in the farthest lane from me going the opposite direction. The lights were flashing and the arm was not out. Cars behind the bus were stopped, there were no cars in the bus' left lane. No cars in the inside lane going opposite direction and then I was in the farthest lane from the bus going the opposite way.

Well, luckily the bus' flashing light stopped before I got close but I could not remember if I was to stop because it was grass or if I were to speed up. (Well, I think that would have been an answer on the test, but it was just to throw me off).

I then asked myself, self, what else have I forgotten about driving in the past couple decades? I remember when my grandmother was around and tormenting the world in her 90's, I do know that she was not even worried about flashing lights let alone if she is to be stopping four lanes over. Perhaps, as one gets older, the really saving grace will be purchasing the "In God We Trust" license plate. Lord knows, anytime that plate hits the car the driver loses control like a Baptist revival!

I was on the IPFW campus the first day of school. I really think that a mandatory class for the freshmen should be driving on a campus. What a nightmare, I was lucky I got out alive.

I guess driving is a privilege that comes with responsibility. I just think like many things in life, we may not remember the necessity of both.

No comments: