Tuesday

Endorsement


No, I am not supporting this candidate for his bid for Mayor, I am endorsing our criminal law system that found this individual guilty (or closer to guilty than innocent).
How will this effect the election? I don't know that but I do know that the citizens of Fort Wayne have to see the light, the light shining right through the skyscape of Fort Wayne in his advertisements. (See picture above)
This is what Matt Kelty is up against: Kelty, 42, is charged with two counts of perjury, five felony counts of fraudulent election filing and two misdemeanor counts of commingling campaign and personal funds, special prosecutor Dan Sigler said.
Just for the record, not everyone that is under 40 sat in a basement playing X-box or typed on "myspace" their undying support for him. As a business owner, an under 40 years of age person, who has been very active in his community, I would not support him for a bid to be the block party RSVP taker. Even if I had a church erected next door to me.
I am a Republican by vote but smart enough to recognize that not every Republican can represent me, my opinions or beliefs. I have voted for Democrats in the past and will do so in the very near future! Can't say I have been wrapped up by other parties as of yet, but I am not going to say never.
Anyway, as Kelty was taken away in handcuffs by the Sheriff, this has to be a (religious) awakening for many who found this candidate over the top and not in touch with a (moral) majority of the community. He has been released already, but I am certain we will have more drama unfolding in the very near future.
As Carbo celebrates his 300th entry into the Creative Mind of Carbo, I could not have had a more banner topic! This fall, VOTE. Make your city proud, and let yourself do the right thing. I shoud add, that Kelty will be on the fall ticket unless he MOVES outside the boundaries OR is convicted of one of the five felony counts. Tonight, there was a rally of about 50 of his supporters who pray that this does not break his will ... I can only tell you that I, personally, believe if this guy can not be truthful now over something he should have closer knowledge or have been able to quickly research for answers, Fort Wayne could be in for many, many problems! Lord help us all, and that is not an endorsement either.

3 comments:

Jennifer Jeffrey said...

Guilty? With all do respect he hasn't been found guilty. He is innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law.. not an indictment proceeding.

This is the same for ANY person.

Carbo said...

True - not officially "guilty" but he now has nine counts which has landed him in jail and in this public opinion closer to guilty than innocent.

Ms. Glitz said...

I feel badly for the Kelty children as they will randomly hear comments about their father's campaign and charges made against him for a very long time.