Monday

Don't be chicken

For those of you who know me well, know that I take great pride creating food. Well, to my own surprise I broke down and bought a chicken in a bag. Yeah, one of those prepared meals that had been cooked at a grocery store in a rotisserie and placed in a plastic bag, suffocated and heated under a lamp.

I am not sure what even possessed me to buy it. I normally walk by and say to myself, and even out loud because I do that without realizing I did it, wh buys a rubber chicken in a bag!?

Well, it was the first item in my shopping cart followed by fresh perch and monk fish and other healthy items, or at least healthy as they landed in the cart not how they would be prepared.

I came home and made lunch. I unzipped the plastic bag, carved away some meat and put it on a plate. I also had some cornbread and a swiss cake. I was pleasantly surprised. The chicken was soft, moist and warm. Really, it was not like warm that it sat in the car window all the way home, warm, but warm like it was cooked and you got home about 30 minutes after dinner was served warm. Notice, I did not say hot. I can say that I may even consider this as another lunch item but I doubt I would pawn it off as a dinner. I have too much pride, as of today, to do that...

No comments: