Tuesday

Arrestable Act


One would have thought that on Saturday I had committed a serioius crime at the Barr Street Market, the market that YLNI brought back from the history books to live on for other generations.


I bought a gallon of apple cider (because it is almost fall, I continue to beat the bad news drum) and two ears of corn. If you just gasped for air, then you probably would have stopped me also, as about a half dozen people did - who I did not know.
Here is the deal, I am still wondering around the market seeing if there are other healthy food items I could buy when person after person felt the need to question why I had only two ears of corn in my bag. My reason was simple, I live alone and I doubt I truly will eat a dozen ears of corn and I for another I do not can.
I guess there are items that we should buy in bulk, even if we don't think we will need them. Today is Tuesday and I still have not made the corn. After all this drama over two ears of corn, I better eat both or I will look real stupid next week at the market carrying one ear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny, yet true. I was at the meat counter at Kroger and I asked for one boneless pork chop. The wonderful meat guy behind the counter felt the need to ask me..."only one?" I almost felt the need to get smart with him, but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

the cook only bought 2 ears of corn???? what about corn chowder, corn and black bean salsa, cutting if off of the cob and freezing for your thanksgiving feast. i'll be checking in your bag this week.....2 dozen would seem more in order