Saturday

Forks to the left ... spoon to the right...


Ever give much thought to the last supper? Not the historical Last Supper, because I am more about the selfish view... what would you want as your last meal if you knew your time was coming to a close, or you were going to jail for a series of counts of political garblyeegoo.
Plus, who would you want to spend it with before you go up, down or move in with Bubba!
I would be surrounded by friends and family in the "wine tasting" set up in my own home. This is a large room without furniture, surrounded by flowers and candles and water sources, reflective mirrors and comfortable cushions to sit on.
Then I would want asiago cheese molten dip for an appetizer on some really kickass bread. My next entree would be tuna casserole, like my mom makes, with the peas and eggs and the really good tuna! Layer of cheese on top too.
I would be drinking the "house" blue wine along with this supper. I want all my favorite music playing in the background. I want to hear the laughter of my friends. I want Clyde to have a big heaping spoon of cottage cheese, cuz he should enjoy this big meal too!
For dessert I want a couple things, I figure if this is my last meal I am really not too darn concerned about calories! So I want Little Debbie Swiss cakes, coconut cream pie and a scoop of chocolate gelato.
Just before the gang is ready to leave or the police are ready to take me away, I want to pass out shot glasses and have my favorite weather forecaster give the "seven day weather forecast". We would end with a big cheers to celebrate one great time with great friends and family with a really rib-sticking meal.
What would you want for the last supper, or just supper for tonight?

No comments: