Sunday

Taste Testing


Saturday was the "Taste of Fort Wayne" to benefit the Fort Wayne Philharmonic. It was held at Headwaters Park. Admission was $10 and you received eight tickets which had an equivalent number of tickets to sample at certain restaurants.
The longest line was for Joseph's Kobe burgers. Biaggi's was serving up a great pasta dish (so my friend said), Halls was sampling cake (which I had German chocolate). I stopped twice at Pint and Slice and each slice was better than the one before. I also sampled from Cut'z, which I had never heard of but understand it is part of the Hilton family (not Paris, but closely related).
The sample at their booth was my least favorite. It was served in a martini glass, so I must give them the props on that one, but it was a couple half bites of beef tenderloin with caramelized onions in a non-descript sauce. I tasted onion and if I had not read there was beef, I would have thought it was a thick onion soup.
Another friend had tried the apple with cold curry soup. Which I sampled and it was very tasty. Nice kick of curry and presentation of a cored out apple as a bowl only elevated their efforts.
Back to the pizza again, haha, the first one was a pepperoni and sausage slice. The second slice, because I used half of my tickets at this booth, was a supreme. I am normally not a supreme person cause I do not like peppers. But I ate it with great joy.
I did not stop at the Landmark's booth. They had a very short, err, no line most of the time it appeared. I do not know the quality of their food but the people seemed so nice but I could not see what they were offering and if I got to close I would have felt obligated to sample, but I needed my tickets for pizza. Club Soda had a pulled pork sandwich and there were a few others that just did not grab me.
There was live music and a handful of seats and many people I knew and some that I knew but could not remember how I knew, but it was all for great fun for a great cause. Oh, and by the way, there was a vendor sharing her wares 8010 Gallery. Trust me she brought a great cross sampling of some awesome pieces - whether it was glass, or metal or jewelry or paintings she had everything under one tent.

No comments: