Thursday

"Don't Play B-17

Growing up Carbo, one of my favorite places to go was Godfather's pizza. The pizza could always be expected to be very greasy and thick and the place was normally not very crowded, but it had a juke box in it that was loud and had current music in it.

I have always been fascinated with the juke box, the sound, the look and the mystery of what would be the most played song that week in the box! Well, the mystery tour stopped yesterday - I now own this Seeburg 1961 in excellent condition juke box.

My intention yesterday was to find a water fountain for the office as the one I had just purchased had the paint bubble off and it was less than attractive. Well, by the end of my adventure I realized that there are no water fountains for sale in Fort Wayne but there is one kick ass 1961 Seeburg Juke Box that plays amazing music, holds 80 45's and rocks out loud.

I just have to get it home, and it does not fit in the back hatch of a Mercedes, but soon it will be home ready for me to solve the mystery of what the "most played song" of the week will be.

I am a kid in a candy store but in a healthy kind of way :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know that has long been a dream of yours to get a jukebox. How great that you got one. I can't wait to see it and see what the "Pick of the Week" selection will be! Now, the challenge will be to find some 45's!

Carbo said...

hard to believe but I have boxes and boxes of 45's :)
I will be sitting in front of it tonight listening haha

Anonymous said...

Oh good! Its not hard to believe with your collection that you'd have 45's, though. I have them too! I never have parted with my "vinyl" collection. Well, have fun tonight and try to remember to go to bed sometime.

Are you going to load any Christmas songs for Clyde? I hear from a worthy source that those are his favorites!