Wednesday

... The rest of the story...


I can not begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the decision that WOWO has made to cut Paul Harvey out of the radio mix. Growing up Carbo, I found that I listened to WOWO for my farm news along with so many other elements of one stop radio. Harvey has been a radio staple for over fifty-years.
According to the WOWO website: WOWO THINKS PAUL HARVEY HAS BEEN A PREMIERE COMMENTATOR ON OUR RADIO STATION FOR YEARS. PAUL WILL NO LONGER BE ON WOWO DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES CONCERNING HIS CONTRACT IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER ABC PROGRAMMING. THIS DECISION HAS MUCH MORE TO DO WITH BUSINESS REASONS AND THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS THAN ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIS BROADCAST EXCELLENCE. WE WISH WE COULD HAVE WORKED OUT AN ARRANGEMENT THAT WOULD KEEP HIM ON WOWO, BUT JUST COULD NOT JUSTIFY THE COST IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR ABILITY TO BRING OUR LISTENERS THE BEST PROGRAMMING IN TALK RADIO
His website www.paulharvey.com will continue to be the source for his news and comment, but I am truly amazed that WOWO can't find the resources to keep this legend and historical voice alive. According to Paul's website he can be heard on another Fort Wayne station (that I had no idea even existed) FM 100.3 WLKI. Who knew? But I do now, and trust me that is where I am spinning my dial.

1 comment:

Jennifer Jeffrey said...

WLKI is an Angola radio station. 100.3. They run him religiously. You won't have a chance to miss it. Just try catching the regular news any given hour during the day.