Tuesday

Music notes!


It has been ages since I have done a record review ... partial because it has been tough to find music to endorse. The reason sales are down is none other than artists are putting out crap! Growing up Carbo - I would always save my money to buy 45's. I loved sitting in my room, spinning the top hits on my turntable. Those moments have not changed, except I rip them into my IPOD, but the system is still the same.


This past month new music by Mariah Carey, Madonna, Leona Lewis, Gavin Degraw, Bryan Adams, Goldfrapp, Trent Wilmon, Duffy, Carly Simon, Phil Vassar, Donny Osmond, The Weepies, Josh Gracin, George Michael, Moby and some greatest hits packages by Dierks Bentley, Toby Keith and Trisha Yearwood were all purchased by myself.


So, okay, that was my latest music purchase since I returned from Italy. Leona Lewis wins the night! She really produced a great selection of music, and something you could listen to over a period of time.


I was heartbroken to hear the new Carly Simon - oh the poor lady lost it. She has been one of my "fab five" for years but this cd really was like listening to wild geese with a piano. I don't think there is a producer's strike, because hers must have been gone during the time of the recording.


Madonna has been around for so long, that you expect a good cd and then two bad cds than a good cd. Well, she put together a mixed CD of some good and some bad. This is when you wished you downloaded each song from ITunes! She should have listened to Duffy's "Mercy" song and remember where she came from and what we liked about Madonna.


Have always been a fan of Bryan Adams - especially his duet with Tina Turner! His new cd "11" is well worth the purchase. He did not try to be anyone he is not - no crazy rap break ins just good lyrics sung with good guitar and backing vocals.


I found Phil Vassar to be dull - quite a departure because the country piano man used to hit on all cylinders every song ... this was a sure miss.


My new favorite will be the Weepies! The cd is titled "Hideaway". It will be a cd that I can just pop in, lay on the couch with my pup and sink into relaxation. Light vocals and very complimentary backing music. Style is more folk/pop but it really was a welcomed addition to my collection of cds.

1 comment:

B_4 said...

Carly Simon lost it? HUH? Her new album THIS KIND OF LOVE is fantastic! Not a bad cut on the disc!

Listen again!

It debuted at #15 on Billboards top 200 albums chart and continues to sell well......


Someone lost it, but it's not Carly!
:)