Wednesday

Viewer Mail




Occasionally I get comments, questions, thoughts that warrant or could warrant a response back and this is always the best way to give clear answers, because others may have similar thoughts....

Someone wrote about their long work week, and how they worked 102 hours. Wow, that sounds like my days at White Swan when I was starting my first entry into the workforce over 25 years ago. Times have changed for me, and luckily, I clock about 45 hours a week. To the person who is working 102 hours, I sure hope you are paid hourly, because at salary you just crossed into slave territory.

One response wondered about the history of my businesses - well, Tri State Maintenance, Inc was founded by my family and in 1996 I joined in a Human Resource capacity and eventually would learn all aspects of the company. Two years ago, I became and retain the role as President. Since then, I, personally, started Tri State Maintenance Snow Division, Inc. A snow removal management firm that has oversight of five states. This year, Tri State Maintenance Landscaping, Inc opened to serve the Greater Fort Wayne community's commercial landscaping needs. During peak season, TSM Snow has 1,200 employees. Proud of my success on that new portion of the business.

Italy? How many pictures? Yeah, I know 1,400 pictures were captures and about 1,200 of them are decent enough to be put into books. I had them all uploaded into the computer and had them put into leather bound books. Have to tell you, this is the best way to safeguard something that is important ... for eternity. Speaking of eternity, someone inquired if I have made those plans ... and fortunately, that is one of those things I did before I flew across the country.

Have I ever received "hate" mail? Well, I do have a few people who pass by that do not agree with a stance, but I doubt it is hate mail. The nice thing about writing a blog is if someone disagrees they will send a real email and offer a different viewpoint. [read that as being an adult] Those are wonderful. Then there are those who send an anonymous post, not to offer a different view, just a cracked-up rant that unfortunately can't be published due to language or slander. [read that as a coward]. I believe if I can put my words out and stand behind what I say, some chump who wants to disagree should and will need to do the same, otherwise, take your gripe somewhere else.

This past weekend, I had time to reflect back on something my former workout buddy had put into my noggin and that was making a list of goals, tasks, plans which one wants to achieve in their lifetime. It really has become a living document, which answers the question are there dreams I yet aspire to achieve. Yes, I have about thirty items on my list that I hope to see or do.

Anyway, thanks for the questions, comments and thoughts.

No comments: