Wednesday

Political dream to nightmare


I think I have hit my final straw with this Matt Kelty "ain't got no money" dilemma.

This man got himself into this mess himself. No one forced him to run for office. No one had him borrow money from the mafia or any other person. No one stopped him from doing fundraising like other politicians. The fact that the local media have covered this story (his upside down credit) like he had been part of a national tragedy amazes me.

Journalism? What is that ... Well, it truly is not covering a garage sale to raise money for his legal problems because he is being sued. There are hundreds of other people in our community that are facing financial ruin for other real reasons like medical emergencies, loss of a loved one - not a person who ran for a political office and lied his way into debt. (or borrowed more than he could pay back - if I attempt to be nice)

There have been concerts to help the poor Kelty guy. He was a business man before he ran for this position, and lost. I have to wonder how he was able to manage his company if he can not be diligent with the funds he borrowed for his public appeal to sway people to vote for him. You take out only the amount of money you can pay back ... If you borrow twice your salary (or more) then you are just a stupid buttinski.

My heart does not go out for him. If I see plastic jars at Walgreen's with his face on it I am going to go animal! I can't be the only Republican in this town who is burning his membership card.

4 comments:

barranda said...

Even the most modest homes on Sylvan Lake go for $200K. I think the Keltys will be just fine.

Anonymous said...

I saw that mopey story yesterday in the paper. I also saw the story about the fund raiser at the 412 Club on the news....I agree...get over it!! Its kind of like he's Willie Nelson only he doesn't have any famous friends to hold concerts that will raise all the money he needs. Why should Willie Nelson, Matt Kelty or anyone else get treatment that the rest of us don't get?! If I screw up and get myself in financial ruin, can I hold a "Ang is going broke" concert? Nope. I'll just have to suck it up and pay my bills or start going on welfare!
You're not the only Republican that wants to burn his/her card. Of course, I think its telling that there aren't any of his fellow Republicans out there trying to help him either!!

Cara said...

Well stated!

Cara said...

Well stated!