Sunday

Perhaps Bunson?


Yesterday my mom and I made the grand tour of the appliance stores and flooring stores in Fort Wayne - this weekend I have to finalize all the details for the kitchen remodel or as I will call it the "tear off the house and start over" phase of life.


The blue prints are back and I have signed off on them ... they really provide me with exactly what I was looking for out of the kitchen add on. I did find my flooring - it is a stone that resembles a deep red wood.


The refrigerator was a no brainer - I am getting a glass front, stainless steel sub zero wall refrigerator. I did pick out the wine cooler and the beverage center too. These were the easy selections.


I need a dishwasher and I have picked out an Electrolux that is suppose to be so quiet I have to lean in to hear it wash ... trust I am not leaning in to hear it. I also need a clothes washer (but I doubt I can find her) so I have to buy a machine. I am leaning toward an LG for that to put in the lower level kitchen/wash area.


The double oven and microwave has become more of a challenge - but what I have found is I really like a stove where the metal wracks slide out on gliders than the lift, tug and pull. The Electrolux is a bright blue on the inside and that is kinda dandy. I have to decide between 27 or 30 inches - size is important as I keep reading.


Finally the grand daddy of them all - the range. Well, I have decided that it must be 48" and it must be gas. I need a griddle top for breakfast. I really want a double oven in it (because every home must have 4 ovens and a microwave). I like the Wolf, Viking and Thermadore. Who wouldn't? So then I have to really decide - do I need to invest over $10,000 into a stove when perhaps the next grade down looks and functions very much like the big boys. This is the crossroad I am at yet today. Trust me anything is an upgrade over the Amana that I have today ... I am not sure they even make them anymore.


This has been fun yet very exhausting. I even slept in this morning a bit ... I have picked out the counter top (terrazzo), the cabinets (custom made Graber), the wood (which is maple) and a brown stain (the name escapes me).


I need to pick out a kitchen sink yet but beyond that I am ready for the cement and framing to begin. I will be available on loan on evenings if you want someone to come to your house and cook a meal since I will be without my kitchen for about 3 months when the work gets hot and heavy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome to come cook at my house. My kitchen gadgets have been neglected for a while.