Wednesday

The buck stops here ...

Driving last night, listening to some loud and pulsing dance music in my car, I was winding through a nice good old fashion country road. Well, in the city not sure if you can call it that ... it is the road that has a couple names like Liberty Mills, but it takes you back toward Fox Island. It may at some point be called Yohnie heck I don't know....

Anyway, as I am driving something catches my eye. I am one of those crazy fall drivers who watches the side of the road more than the middle as I drive because I am always afraid I am going to have a deer dart out and attack my car. Well, by now I have realized he is not only a deer, but he has antlers like a coat rack.

Since I am not a hunter, I do not know how many points he has, if that is even the right term, but he was very impressive. Reminded me of the old Mutual of Omaha pictures of a deer. So, I am now near a complete stop in the middle of the road and he is standing there looking at me. The funny thing, he was turning his head to the pulsing of the music. I sat there for a couple seconds and just watched him. He had perfect rhythm.

So I went from high adrenaline pulsing through me to a sort of chuckle as I watched my new buck of a friend enjoy the sounds coming from my starter mercedes. I eventually started the car in motion, and he never left the side of the road for as far as I could see in my rear view mirror.

No comments: