Friday

Finally, the travel log ends ...

The last part of the travel log, Sunday in Savannah, began bright and early with a search for a good breakfast.

We started on the river with a nice all-day breakfast spot that was very comfortable, cozy if you will, on the water. We began with a nice mimosa, because we were STILL on vacation! My friend had the sea food omelet, I had grits with shrimp and ham (perhaps a theme to my last two meals). We shared great conversation with our waitress who wanted to know about Fort Wayne.

Well, I started with we have a Fort in our city and ended with Johnny Appleseed is buried here and feel short on anything in the past 150 years that made us stand out. She asked, "weren't you in the news lately?" I thought on NO, she heard about Kelty too. I changed the topic to the weather ... because it was another gorgeous day in Savannah. Fourth day, no precipitation, perfect weather!

After breakfast we walked along the river and went through the art fair and seafood festival which was happening. Made a purchase of a hand crafted chain with thin ceramic cylinders which is hard to describe, but it was something I thought was cool.

We continued on the walking adventure until about noon and went back to the hotel to finish packing. Within a few hours we were back at the airport and beginning to tap back into unanswered phone calls, text messages and thinking about the end of a great vacation.

As I sat in the airport, looking out a big window, looking out on the horizon, I had my head phones on blasting music and capturing the trip so I could bring it back and add it to my blog. I truly had a fantastic trip away and for those who have endured these four posts, you will be happy to know .... this is the end!

No comments: