Friday

Don't drop cuz you will be stepped on ...

Fortunately for me, I had the day off yesterday. I had ample time to read through the 15 pound newspaper and in just a short 7 hours I managed to read it all.

Stores are opening at midnight, some at 4 am, some were serving breakfast and some where giving you cash when you walked in the door.

What I found in the ads was a bunch of odd things at low prices. I know that I am heading to Best Buy to buy "My Best Friends Wedding" for $2.99? What? If anyone is standing in that line at 5 am is more nuts than those who are over at Walgreen's getting two rolls of wrap for the price of one!

Maybe I am too old to get the entire shopping for Christmas gig. I have a niece who is 9 and after I begged for an item on her wish list, I logged on to Barnesandnoble.com and within three clicks (since I have speedy checkout set up) I made her purchase. Now, I could have asked for them to wrap it too and sign the card, which I thought about, but then I thought... Hell, I am going to be at Walgreens this morning might as well stand in line for the paper giveaway!

If you are hitting the streets this morning, good luck. If YOU did hit the streets, tell me what prompted you to go? I thought the ads were lame, but perhaps my paper was missing a section ha!

No comments: